1) The FEATHEX Grade & Value Scale is the copyright of Featherexchange.com. We do allow it to be used by other websites (without seeking our permission) for educational and illustration purposes only, but we don't allow it to be used by anyone for commercial purposes - such as by other feather merchants or any other seller of feathers (business or private). Our customers are allowed to use the scale, for the purpose of re-selling feathers they purchased from us only, but cannot use it for selling or describing feathers from another source.
2) Every picture of a feather or feathers on this website (watermarked or not) is from our own stock and our copyright.
3) All the pictures of the feathers which are for sale in our online store are our pictures and our copyright. They have to be, for the purpose of accurately showing the actual products offered for sale.
4) The 'X' formation, using two tail feathers from a female Red-tailed black cockatoo is our unique image and is our copyright, being part of our branding.
5) Images of the bird species used in the FeatherExchange.com website are not our copyright and are displayed on this website (without copyright infringement) under the creative commons rule.
6) Unfortunately sometimes we are unable to know the photographer's name and as such we can only give credit to the website their photo was supplied by, under creative commons (such as Wikipedia, for example.) We will be more than happy to publish the photographer's name (on this page) as a credit (including a link to their website), if they ask us.
The Raptor bird image (Eagle) used in the storefront page (for Categories) is used under creative commons and supplied by: Jim Bendon
The Nightjars & Kingfishers image used in the storefront page (for Categories) is used under creative commons and supplied by: Andy Hay
The Rosella Parrot image used in the storefront page (for Categories) is used under creative commons and supplied by: sean.kelleher1
The Amazon Parrot image used in the page (for Categories) is used under creative commons and supplied by: Venture Vancouver
Mark's Products & Services (AKA: MP&S) T/AS: FeatherExchange.com is the world's No.1 Merchant of feathers from CITES listed Parrot, Cockatoo and Raptor species. All our feathers are naturally moulted from well looked-after birds in captivity. Being a specialist in feathers from CITES listed (and highly protected) bird species, such as Black Cockatoos for example - MP&S holds several Australian Government issued licenses to source and trade legally within Australia and internationally. It is illegal to commercially trade with these feathers within Australia or export them overseas without holding the appropriate Australian Government licensing. The laws are in place to protect these birds. MP&S offers a free support program for unlicensed customers that wish to resell their creations (including artwork) made from feathers that we supply. Please contact us for more information.
We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.