Our business operation is highly ethical and government monitored, holding multiple licenses. The pricing of our feathers includes expenses beyond the cost of sourcing them from the bird keepers (such as: cleaning, photography, documenting and other mandated stages for licensing compliance). All our feathers are naturally moulted from well cared-for birds in captivity. It is illegal to commercially trade (or export from Australia) protected feather species (shed or not) without the appropriate licensing.
1) We can ship every feather we stock within Australia. No restrictions! Australian customers don't need a permit if not commercially reselling our feathers. For shipping outside of Australia - we can only ship the feathers with an '(EX)' in their title, due to the laws and trading arrangements with our suppliers. If your shipping address is not in Australia then please only look for the feather items in our store with an '(EX)' in their title, since we can ship these directly to you - anywhere in the world. All items with an '(EX)' in their title can legally be shipped directly from our office in Australia to any destination in the world by an Insured Air Courier Service. A CITES export permit is included.
2) Every item in the store shows as "1 available" because the photos showing the feather/s are not samples. They are the actual feather/s you will receive when you order. If you see the photo with one feather, then obviously it's just that one feather for the price but if you see the photo with a pair (2 feathers) or several feathers then the term "1 available" means: 1 packet is available, containing all the feathers shown in the photo. Examples below:
"1 available" means one packet, which contains just the one feather you see in the photo.
"1 available" means one packet, which contains all the 12 feathers you see in the photo.
"1 available" means one packet, which contains the pair of feathers you see in the photo.
3) The price shown is for each item, not for each feather. E.G. If an item's photo shows 10 feathers then the price is the total for the 10 feathers, which are all together in the one packet.
4) Because every item (and photo) is unique, an item can only be added to the shopping cart once. The database keeps count of the stock (in real time) and prevents the same item from being purchased again.
5) Feathers are light and as such our shipping is a flat rate (according to each country/continent) and no matter how many feathers are ordered - the shipping cost will remain the same. Our flat rate shipping reduces the more you spend and is free for orders of at least A$200 (for Australian Customers) and free for orders of at least A$500 (for USA and international Customers). For more information, please refer to the Shipping Charges. Australian orders are shipped via Express Post & Overseas orders are shipped via International Courier.
6) We pack and ship feathers using the best method. They are very well protected and won't move around while in transit to you. All shipments are insured by us for damage & loss during transit and we are responsible for the order until it safely reaches your premises. If you don't receive your order or your order is damaged (outside of your control) then we will gladly compensate you with replacement feathers or a full refund, whatever you prefer.
7) A CITES Export Permitis included with each order shipped outside of Australia. We have been successfully shipping feathers from Australia to the United States, Canada, UK and several other countries since 2015.
8) We have an exclusive 8 level grading system. It's strict and consistent. The higher the number and the better the grade. I.E: 0 / 1 / 1+ / 2 / 2+ / 3 / 4 / 4M. (The lowest grade is 0 and the highest grade is 4M.) Grades 2 & 2+ are middle grades. For more information, please see our Grading Guide.
Mark's Products & Services (AKA: MP&S) T/AS: FeatherExchange.com is the world's No.1 Merchant of feathers from CITES listed Parrot, Cockatoo and Raptor species. All our feathers are naturally moulted from well looked-after birds in captivity. Being a specialist in feathers from CITES listed (and highly protected) bird species, such as Black Cockatoos for example - MP&S holds several Australian Government issued licenses to source and trade legally within Australia and internationally. It is illegal to commercially trade with these feathers within Australia or export them overseas without holding the appropriate Australian Government licensing. The laws are in place to protect these birds. MP&S offers a free support program for unlicensed customers that wish to resell their creations (including artwork) made from feathers that we supply. Please contact us for more information.
We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.